Learn how to make it rain in your kitchen! This website offers easy to understand free science-themed activities, worksheets, coloring books, and songs!
The site was created by Elva O'Sullivan and Scott Rickard, scientists and parents of three young children. Elva has a Ph.D. in chemistry and Scott holds a Ph.D. in applied mathematics. They developed unique and challenging science projects to engage their own children and now offer them for free to all children ages 5-12.
When you get to the site you'll see some of the featured articles and activities. To get right to the activities, click on the "Science with Mom" tab at the top of the page. A new page opens with a list of recent blog posts with science activities that include:
- How To Make A Rainstorm In Your Kitchen
- Let's Make Homemade Toothpaste
- How to Peel a Raw Egg
- Why Do Onions Make Us Cry?
- Let's Dissect A fish
- How to Make a Homemade Stethoscope
- And Many More!
Use the horizontal menu near the top of the page to access science articles and activities by topic that include:
- Human Body - Learn about the human skeleton, teeth, eyes, ears, heart, skin, respiratory system, digestive system and more.
- Animals - Discover the creatures that live in the rainforest, grasslands, savannas, soil, and seas.
- Plants - Find out about photosynthesis, plant cells, and pollination.
- Earth Science - Explore the science behind global warming, earthquakes, fossil fuels, volcanoes, ecosystems, and the water cycle.
- Astronomy - Learn about the solar system, black holes, galaxies, asteroids and meteors.
- Physics - Find out about color and light waves, measurement, the steam engine, and magnets.
- Chemistry - Turn your kitchen into a lab and make solutions, learn about chemical bonding, gas, matter, and the atom.
- Famous Scientists - Meet Galileo, Sir Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, Marie Curie, Benjamin Franklin, Archimedes, and Einstein.
This is a courtesy post for Click Schooling