Recently my family had the opportunity to review A+ Interactive Math (2nd Grade) Premium Edition.
Up front I am going to say, we absolutely like A+ Tutor Math. Last year we was searching math curriculum and tried A+ Tutor and we really liked it. So to get this chance to use their product again in a review for this year was super.
If you purchase the Cd version, I should note it is really easy to install and register.
- This program works on Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 2000, or Windows 7). Internet connection is not required every time you use it, except during registration.
- You can use this program with more then one child
- This is a complete curriculum program with full lesson plans provided all the way. There is also the option of printing the curriculum.
- Interactive Quizzes
- Free Math Placement Tests at the A+TutorSoft site
- Online Homeschool Edition – monthly, quarterly and annual subscriptions (free one-month trial available.
- Each lesson begins with an animated step-by-step instruction video. After the video the student is given the opportunity for interaction with a Q&A. (below an other screen shot)
- You have the option of purchasing Cd or using the online version for this curriculum. If you purchase the Cd version, the parent/teacher will have to keep track of the students progress. If you use the online version it keeps track for you.
Here is a image shot of some of the lessons covered in this program.
My 8 yo, she struggles a little with her math. Must be from my side. I was not that good with Math in school. In fact, I get nervous thinking about Algebra. Lol! But my 8yo, she is the one who was supposed to be reviewing this but my 7 yo who loves math decided he was going to jump a notch above his math level and do this with his sister. And both really like this program. I think my daughter would much appreciate it if her younger brother would be silent some so she can solve the problems herself, but he would always beat her to the answer. The lessons are explained fairly well and they walk the student through their problem step by step.
We started out with the Multimedia Lesson followed by the Q&A Interactive. Call me old fashioned, I like the computer concept but I also like the paper concept so I can see the problems worked out, Lol. We definitely used the PRINT button often. Which also worked well for the sibling rivalry we face during math time. The best part about the lessons: The are not very long at all. Which is a super plus in our book. Especially when you have one always trying to excuse her self from math. Lol!
What do I think about this program?
As I mentioned above, we have used this program before. Our family really likes this program. It is user friendly and the kids will interact with this program. I don't have to sit and explain everything because this program walks them step by step through what they are doing. If they should have a question or we needed to recap a particular lesson, we could go back and recap it with out being shoved on to the next lesson. Again, this is fairly easy to use and my kiddo's like it.
Right now, through the end of March, you can get a GREAT deal. A+TutorSoft is offering 50% off their programs. At the check out,
Enter this coupon code: SPOFFER50
This is a super deal being offered until the end of March. Also, for a month you can get a FREE trial of the online A+ tutor program. I hope you will take advantage of these terrific offers while they are available.
Have you used A+ Tutor before? Are you currently using this program? I would love to read your feedback on this program as I am sure others would like to hear your feedback. Please feel free to leave a comment below.
See what other reviewers are saying about A+ Tutor by clicking on the attached Schoolhouse review crew link noted below: