------------------------------------ *ALL DROP BOXES ARE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, PLEASE KEEP SCROLLING DOWN!* ------------------------------------- ** PLEASE NOTE: This blog is © 2014, COPYRIGHT of Homeschool101 Blogs! You are welcome to share any of our resources and our posts referenced by this blog. In return we ask that you please LINK all posts shared from this blog - back to this blog owner. In advance we thank you! **

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today is Day of Remembering Holocaust

With today being the day of remembering the Holocaust I am preparing some lessons for the next few weeks on the Holocaust.

I apologize to everyone for being off, we have been on a 3 week spring break as I am planning to incorporate year long schooling now in to our schedule. I think my children especially my eldest will beneift from this as she tends to forget the whole school year during her summer break.. So we are going this route to see if this is better. Still same in session days just breaks are spaced out further rather then in one interval.

AT any rate.. With today being the Day of remembering Holocaust and vicitims of the Holocaust we will be reading the diary of Anne Frank together aloud and do some lessons on the Holocaust and WWII...

The History channel has some great offers here lately and Timelife.com for WWII footage. I have some DVD's I got from both places and I plan on getting another set of the Nazi Dvds Time life has to offer.. http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=1001&catalogId=10001&productId=147501

You may be able to locate some pieces of material at your local library. However now that there are threats in our area and in other states of libraries being forced to close I am building up my own library and watching for the library closings and sales so I can purchase from them. I want my children to have a library if the Government is going to force closings across the country because of lack of funds and not wanting to fund them then I think it is my duty as a homeschooling parent to ensure my children have a library for the best education I can offer them.

Here are a few sites I located for my search on lessons. I will just add the google search link and you can check out the ones you would like to use..

God Bless you all, I hope you all had a wonderful spring break and are doing well..

http://www.google.com/search?q=free+Halocaust+lessons&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en Has some great links attached with this one..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&ei=6-bBS_6pBYa7ngeL6oWbCg&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAkQvwUoAQ&q=free+Holocaust+lessons&spell=1

No comments: