------------------------------------ *ALL DROP BOXES ARE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, PLEASE KEEP SCROLLING DOWN!* ------------------------------------- ** PLEASE NOTE: This blog is © 2014, COPYRIGHT of Homeschool101 Blogs! You are welcome to share any of our resources and our posts referenced by this blog. In return we ask that you please LINK all posts shared from this blog - back to this blog owner. In advance we thank you! **

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Homeschool Awareness - New Schoolers & Veterans

I had to make this post as this just kept eating at me as I encounted a post recently on a specific page. So please read through this and feel free to share what you think. I also want to note that I am not by any means debating about this or trying to cast any judgement towards anyone.

Recently I encountered a post that disturbed me on Homeschooling vs Public Schooling. While I have a background of coming from the public schooling and my daughter was in the public schools for 4 well 5 years cant miss Kindergarten, huh?! Lol!  So being that I have been on both sides of the system and having family in public schools teaching I think from my side my oppinion comes from seeing both sides of the system.

While public schooling worked for a while, I am so happy and blessed to say homeschooling works better for us today and has been for the last few years. What bothers me about this topic is the opinion of others who are criticizing families that have their children in the public schools. 

It is plain wrong and they should be ashamed of themself. I do not care if you are a Christian Homeschooler or just an ordinary homeschooler not faith based.  It is plain wrong to attack non homeschooling families telling them it is wrong for them to place their child in a public school system. What works for you does not work for every other family out there. This is giving a bad wrap to homeschooling in general. It is not our job as homeschooling families to force homeschooling on others that they look at us and homeschooling as bad, corrupt people schooling our children to be bad corrupt children. WRONG... WRONG... WRONG!!!!!!

Christians and Non Christians HAVE NO RIGHTS TO CAST JUDGEMENT ON ANYONE for any decision they make good or bad, wrong or right.   Their are pros and cons to both sides of the system. Its is how we look at it and how we represent our side of the system and our faith. I love homeschooling my kids. I have my own schedule and I am able to work around our schedule plus we are able to fit more in to our curriculum and do more hands on learning then in the public schools. If we want to spend more time on a subject or need less time we can adjust to our schedule and pace of learning. I enjoy being able to learn right along side of my kids. I dont miss a thing and not only are we able to learn together,we have a closer relationship then most parents do with their children. 

Some familes at this time may desire to homeschool their children, but for one reason or an other, the door is closed for them. Does it mean they are doing the wrong thing by allowing their child to go to a public school? NO! Who are we to say they should be ashamed of their self for sending their
child[ren] to school. We have no right to do that at all. I am a firm believer of Gods word. I will stand on His word until the very day He calls me home. I believe there are some christians out there that use Gods word to their advantage and some tend to take his words out of context. When Jesus walked Earth, where did He walk to and with whom? The bible clearly states that Jesus always found company with the sinners.. WHY?

Mark 2:13-17 Once again Jesus went out beside the lake. A large crowd came to him, and he began to teach them. As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.   While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"  On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

If you know your bible, You know Gods word states many times about Jesus with the sinners. There are more then just this scripture that states this. [Matthew 9:9-13; Luke 5:27-32] Where am I going with this? Some people feel led to place and keep their kids in a public school system. Why? What better place to raise your child to shine the love of Christ. Does that mean your child at the age of 6/7 is learning to carry a full time ministry. NOPE! That is not what it means at all. We as Christians are to teach and train our children up under Gods Laws and Truth. Are we supposed to wait and teach them this later on in life when it may be too late. HECK NO! It means we train our children up the way God commands us to and if some parents are led to place their children in public schools God has a reason for things to happen that way. We dont know what the reason is and frankly it is not our business. Maybe they want to HS but cant right now. Maybe they dont want to HS at all. Some people are called to HS and others are not called to HS.

Again I state, What works for one family does not always work for other familes. Homeschooling or Public schools. I agree that the Government wants more control in the school systems. I know this first hand as I have teachers in our family. Where else are they gonna get the One World Order where we all are supposed to be One in unification on our beliefs. Are they gonna work on the adults. NOPE, we seen it this last election. Who was target most for the election. YOUNGER GENERATION of voters. Adults know better and know the truth, the younger generation of voters dont. I also know first hand that public school systems have a tendency to ignore Parental rights and even at some points over rides the parental rights. I have seen this and witnessed it first hand.  Parents HAVE RIGHTS and I dont care what person wants to say different. The constitution was not made for the government it was made FOR THE PEOPLE. One of the biggest problems I see today is a lack of knowledge on our Constitutional Rights. Which is one of many reasons why we are facing the problems we see today and we have a corrupted government trying to control the people of America. 

As I said, their are pros and cons to both sides. But I feel is wrong about this debate/topic is the condemning of Homeschoolers/Christians of other families because they do things differently or how they feel led to. Just because your way works for you does not mean it will work for me. Just because you believe this way does not mean I should believe your way.  I have a major beef with these people who want to give homeschooling/Christianity and bad rap because they want to pick at or judge others.  

May I remind you, Judging others casts judgement on to you. [James 4, Matthew 7, Romans 2, 1 Corinthians 4, Luke 6, Romans 14.] Enough scriptures to review about judging. As christians and even homeschoolers, it is our job to set good examples, be a leader and share the gospel and love of Christ, Give accurate information and educate others about homeschooling. Not cast judgement or force our ways/beliefs on to others, thus including homeschooling. 

If you have been one who has been condemned or judged in any way, had either of the two forced on to you, Please accept my deepest apologies for that person who was a poor representative of Christ and homeschoolers everywhere. Pray fervently about your paths and the directions you and your family should go to and listen only for the voice of the Lord to receive your answer. You and only you will know when it is right, what you will need to do, or if you should even homeschool your child. God is truth and any man who brings False doctrine to another will pay on judgement day.

Just because we are homeschooling does not make our way right or wrong as the same for public school children. We are No better then the other and vice versa. Its not a competition to see who is better then the other, it is about teaching our children the best way of life and seeing that they are learning how to build a strong foundation for their life based on TRUTH.

Please feel free to leave a comment and please be respectful or your comment will be rejected. Thanks and God bless.  

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I agree, unfortunately I see/hear this sort of thing all of the time. It is very disheartening to say the least.

Just because I feel that homeschooling is best for children doesn't mean that everyone else feels that way....if they did then they would most probably be homeschooling too.