------------------------------------ *ALL DROP BOXES ARE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, PLEASE KEEP SCROLLING DOWN!* ------------------------------------- ** PLEASE NOTE: This blog is © 2014, COPYRIGHT of Homeschool101 Blogs! You are welcome to share any of our resources and our posts referenced by this blog. In return we ask that you please LINK all posts shared from this blog - back to this blog owner. In advance we thank you! **

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Homeschool Complete Review

We recently did a review for Homeschool Complete, a year long program that is for grades K-4 and is structured around thematic units. This program includes lessons on various subjects like the Bible, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, a variety of
Homeschool Complete -Unit Studies and more. 

We reviewed the unit study on Pioneers for grades 3-6th. Some of the lessons we honestly just zimmed over briefly and recapped. We ended up starting in lesson 4 with my older 2 and letting my younger one start in lesson 3, mostly because my kids had already done much of what was covered in the lesson or I felt the lesson was for a younger age/grade. Like the cursive writing we already know this as cursive is typically introduced around 2nd/3rd-grade levels. My kiddo's are 5th, 6th and 7th. Each lessons covered things like addition and subtraction, place value, division and multiplacation other things like time telling, metaphors and similies, vocabulary words and compound words. My kiddo's spaced out below as they started their lessons. 





My youngest expressed how much she hated the math. She struggles in math so I expected that comment to be geared at math particularly and not the lesson. She liked the language arts I think the best. What I liked about this unit is in the beginning of each
lesson it prepares the teacher by covering the skills and materials that will be used in the lesson. It goes on to break the lesson down by the worksheets in the lesson with the answer. While I like the covering of the lesson I feel like it would be better to have the answers in the end of the unit or the end of the lesson and not jammed in the intro of each lesson. It may just be me but I felt like it was all mushed together, I didn't like that. 
One of the other things that frustrated me was when I printed this off, again could of been me or my printer. I first printed in color and then tried the black in white print out and as I printed both times I noticed that some of the words or instructions wrote in color were not printed off. My ink is full so I am not sure why that would be an issue. But I had pages with no instructions and puzzled kids wondering what to do. Aside of that being a big issue, I think the curric was good and it kept the kids involved with some hands on things like flash cards and games. 


Click the attached link below to read what others are saying about Homeschool Complete.


Homeschool Complete K - 4th Grade & Unit Studies {Homeschool Complete Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments: