- Feudal Life - Learn about the feudal system, nobility, serfs, and The Magna Carta.
- Religion - Explore Catholic cathedrals including Amiens and Notre Dame, learn about monastic life and pilgrimages.
- Homes - Take a virtual tour of a medieval village and compare the living quarters of noblemen and peasants.
- Clothing - Find out what kind of clothing was worn by peasants and nobles. Get information on the textiles of the medieval period.
- Health - Get information on hygiene, disease (including the Black Death), and medieval medicine and remedies.
- Arts & Entertainment - Find out how art and music developed from religious liturgy. View some hunting-themed tapestries.
- Town Life - Read about trade and the marketplace in medieval Europe, as well as town governments.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Middle Ages Interactives For High Schoolers
Free Middle Ages Interactives Age Range: 14-18 (Grades 9-12) This multi-media, interactive presentation on the Middle Ages was developed for High School students. It's designed in such a way, that you can briefly touch on the topics or explore them in-depth. When you get to the site you'll see a welcome message. Click "Enter" and a new page opens with a menu that includes: